Ensalada Rusa or Spanish Potato Salad is on almost every Spanish Tapas menu. Check out my easy Ensalada Rusa recipe and prepare your own salad at home.
Ensalada Rusa is popular in many countries and is also well-known as Russian Potato Salad or Oliver Salad.
There are many variations with different vegetables like carrots, onions, or peas.
This salad is actually one of my favorite Spanish cold tapas for the summertime when temperatures get very high in Spain.
Ensalada Rusa Ingredients
As already mentioned, there are many different variations of this Russian Potato Salad.
For this recipe, you need potatoes, black olives, eggs, homemade mayonnaise, roasted red peppers, peas and carrots, and tuna.
How to prepare Ensalada Rusa?
Preparing this Spanish salad is easy and fast. First, clean the potatoes well to get rid of all dirt and sand.
Then, cook the unpeeled potatoes until they are cooked. Tip: Don’t cook them too long as they will end up as mashed potatoes when you mix your salad.
Take a big bowl to mix all ingredients, the potatoes (peeled and cut into small cubes), two cups of homemade mayonnaise, one roasted pepper (sliced into strips), tuna, carrots, peas, and one hard-boiled egg.
Now, mix all ingredients. If necessary, add more mayonnaise.
Add black olives, the second hard-boiled egg (cut in small pieces), and red pepper on top to decorate your salad.
Enjoy your home-made Ensalada Rusa!
Ensalada Rusa Recipe
- 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Roasted red peppers
- 1 16oz (around 450 grams) can of peas and carrots
- 2 cups of Mayonnaise, preferably home-made mayonnaise
- Black olives
- 1 6oz (170 grams) can of tuna
- Clean the potatoes to get rid of dirt and sand.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to boil. Put the potatoes unpeeled in the water and cook until they are cooked. Tip: Don't cook them too long as they will end up as mashed potatoes when you mix your salad.
- Once the potatoes are done cool them with cold water until you can handle them with your hands. Remove the peel of the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Take a big bowl and add two cups of home-made mayonnaise and one roasted pepper, sliced into strips.
- Use a fork to flake the tuna and add it to the bowl.
- Drain the water of the carrots and peas can and add them also to the bowl.
- Peel one of the hard-boiled eggs and add to the bowl as well.
- Now, mix all ingredients. If necessary, add more mayonnaise.
- To decorate your salad, add black olives, the second hard-boiled egg (cut in small pieces), and red pepper on top.
- Enjoy your home-made Ensalada Rusa!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1105Total Fat: 89gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 72gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 810mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 18g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.