This article may be sponsored or include a provided product or affiliate link. See the footer and Affiliate Disclaimer for full details.
Check out this delicious and easy Spanish Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe and get your food to the next level.
Nowadays, not many people prepare home-made mayonnaise anymore.
Some don’t have the time, others worry about food poisoning from the raw eggs.
In Spain; however, people still prepare their own mayonnaise for dishes like Ensalada Rusa (Russian Potato Salad) and other Spanish tapas dishes.
It only takes ten minutes to prepare a delicious mayonnaise. So the time excuse doesn’t count.
And if you worry about food poising, I recommend to use pasteurized eggs.
How to make homemade mayonnaise
Crack two eggs in a small bowl and start beating them with a stick blender.
Then, slowly drizzle extra virgin olive oil into the eggs. You want to use really good oil!
Blend everything until the mixture turned to mayonnaise. In the end, add salt and a bit of fresh lemon juice.
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Crack two eggs into a small mixing bowl.
- Start beating the eggs with a stick blender and keep the beater down at the bottom of the bowl.
- Now, start drizzling one cup of extra virgin olive oil into the eggs. Important: You really want to use high-quality olive oil for a good result. Good oil makes the difference!
- Keep the beater down until the bottom of the egg & oil mixture starts to thicken.
- Once the bottom of the mixture turned into mayonnaise, lift the beater to mix also the top part.
- In the end, add salt and fresh lemon juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.