Thinking of booking a Barcelona food tour? Selecting the most outstanding tours can be quite challenging. Here are the best Barcelona food tours for you to choose from.
Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and is Spain’s second-biggest city. The place is filled with a rich history, robust culture, and appetizing cuisine.
A visit to Barcelona, Spain, is not complete without booking at least one Barcelona food tour.
It is much more rewarding to know more about Catalan dishes from a local foodie – and sometimes even from a local professional chef.
Begin your Spanish culinary experience by choosing among these best food tours in Barcelona.
- 1. Barcelona Guided Street Food Tour
- 2. Barcelona Traditional Catalan Food Discovery Tour
- 3. Barcelona Private Food Tour with 10 Tastings
- 4. Barcelona Private Pinxto and Wine Tasting Tour with a Local
- 5. Barcelona Brunch Walking Tour
- 6. Barcelona Tapas Tasting Tour in the Gothic Quarter
- 7. Barcelona Markets Food Tour with a Local Chef
- 8. Barcelona Food and History Tour
- 9. Market to Fork: Market Tour and Private Cooking Class Barcelona
- 10. Barcelona Paella Cooking Experience + Boqueria Market Tour
- 11. Barcelona Authentic Tapas Crawl
- 12. Barcelona Tapas and Wine Small-Group Walking Tour
1. Barcelona Guided Street Food Tour
This Barcelona Food Tour with a Barcelona local tour guide takes you to the streets of this Spanish city.
Included in your stops is the world-famous market in Barcelona called La Boqueria. The rich history of this place of commerce dates back to 1217.
Also included are famous historical landmarks such as the Gothic Quarter and El Call.
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Samples of typical Catalan dishes
- Guided visit around the Jewish Ghetto, las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter and much more
- Vegetarian options with prior notice
2. Barcelona Traditional Catalan Food Discovery Tour
This Traditional Catalan Food Discovery Tour is the best food tour in Barcelona if you desire to know about the long-established culture and cuisine of the city.
Let your Barcelona local tour guide take you to the best sources of artisanal products and classic specialties.
Chat with local vendors regarding their prized produce and get a deeper understanding of the rich gastronomy enjoyed by many generations.
End your Barcelona food tour on a sweet note as you savor hot chocolate paired with classic Spanish treats, which nuns traditionally make from different Spanish convents and monasteries.
- Local guide
- 6 food tastings
- 1 beer or vermouth
3. Barcelona Private Food Tour with 10 Tastings
Go on a Private Barcelona Food Tour with your group and savor nothing but the best flavors Barcelona Spain has to offer.
Get ready to sample eight local dishes and two classic drinks during your three-hour Barcelona tour with a local.
Bite a mouthful of Churros, treat yourself to a serving of Iberian Ham and cleanse your palate with a glass of vermouth.
These and many other Spanish tapas and drinks await you and your tour group.
As you move along, you also get to see some of the city’s important landmarks. One of them is the El Raval neighborhood, a place filled with exciting bars and eclectic restaurants.
- 10 tastings from Spanish cuisine
- Local Guide
- Private Tour
- 2 drinks
4. Barcelona Private Pinxto and Wine Tasting Tour with a Local
Try something new and get your friends to go with you on a Private Pinxto and Wine Tasting Tour with a Barcelona local tour guide.
What are pintxos? Pintxos are small bar snacks that are typically served in Northern Spain. They have bread as the base and toppings of various kinds.
Pintxos are best paired with wine. That is why this Barcelona food tour is a match made in heaven!
For two hours, you get to learn from your experienced foodie guide how they efficiently pair their wines with different pintxos.
Eat and drink the night away as you go to four different venues, simply learning about good food and great wine.
- 4 wines and 4 “pintxos” (small, tapas-like snacks)
- Private guide
5. Barcelona Brunch Walking Tour
What is the best way to start your day in Spain? For me, it’s to go on a Barcelona Brunch Walking Tour.
This Barcelona Spain food tour takes you to a Spanish tapas brunch, where you get to see how the city wakes up daily.
You also get to taste typical Spanish breakfast items, some of which are similar to what you usually have back home – but some will surely catch you off guard.
Once you’ve had your fill, walk along with the neighborhood and see the city slowly easing into the day.
- Roughly 10 tastings
- 3 drinks
6. Barcelona Tapas Tasting Tour in the Gothic Quarter
This Tapas Tasting Tour in the Gothic Quarter is the best Barcelona food tour to take if you like to merge history with gastronomy.
The Gothic Quarter used to be a Roman village. You can still see parts of its previous function everywhere.
The good mix of old and new is a true sight to behold while you’re here.
Aside from that, the various food and drinks tastings you will get from the tapas bars in the area are enough to fill you for the night!
Prepare to sample great traditional tapas selections, Catalan dishes, and Spanish desserts in this tour which runs for three and a half hours.
- Plenty of food tastings (enough for a full dinner)
- 5 Spanish drinks
- Barcelona food guide with lots of recommendations and eating tips
7. Barcelona Markets Food Tour with a Local Chef
Fancy touring the food streets and markets of Barcelona with a true professional?
This Barcelona Markets Food Tour with a Local Chef is exactly what you are looking for. Get acquainted with Spanish cuisine as you sample classic gourmet bites recommended by the chef.
Hear what your experienced guide has to suggest at the Boqueria Market. This is truly among the best Barcelona Spain tours to book if you wish to go deeper with your knowledge of Spanish ingredients such as olive oil, cheese, and sausages.
Continue your food journey towards the Santa Caterina Market, where a wide selection of appetizers awaits.
- Guided tour by a professional chef
- Taste of gourmet delicatessen
- Visit to Boqueria and Santa Caterina Market
8. Barcelona Food and History Tour
For me, the best Barcelona food tour is the one that merges fun and sensibility.
This Barcelona Food and History Tour does just that – and more.
Get ready to dive deep into the culture of Barri Gotic or Gothic Quarter; a neighborhood made beautiful by its medieval streets and modern bars.
Of course, a trip to the Boqueria Market is a given. This world-famous commercial area is known for its colorful aisles and delicious flavors.
- 18-20 historical sites and point of interest
- 7-8 tapas
- 3-4 drinks
9. Market to Fork: Market Tour and Private Cooking Class Barcelona
Four and a half hours may seem too long, but if you participate in one of the best food tours in Barcelona, the duration may even seem too short.
This Market Tour and Private Cooking Class is one Barcelona food tour you should not pass on.
Imagine having to buy your ingredients yourself at the world-renowned La Boqueria Market. Get lost in a world full of precious olives and delectable cheeses.
Afterward, head to your chef’s private rooftop home, where you will receive a private Spanish dish cooking class.
Once it’s done, lounge within the outdoor rooftop and savor the fruits of your labor.
- Market tour
- Transportation to the chef’s house
- Full lunch
10. Barcelona Paella Cooking Experience + Boqueria Market Tour
Have you ever tried cooking paella at home? How about witnessing a traditional paella being cooked in front of you?
Take this Paella Cooking Experience and combine it with a Boqueria Market Tour, and you have the best of the best Barcelona Spain tours out there.
Let the professional chef take you to La Boqueria, where they will buy what you need to make an authentic paella de marisco or seafood paella.
Head back to your private dining room and watch as the chef prepares the classic dish at the open kitchen.
- La Boqueria introduction tour (subject to La Boqueria market opening hours)
- Walk through the old town of Barcelona
- Hot and cold Spanish and Catalan tapas
- Pintxos making class
- Paella cooking display and interactive instruction
- Sangría mixing class
- Authentic homemade paella de marisco
- All original recipes emailed to you
- Local taxes and fees
- All food and drink
11. Barcelona Authentic Tapas Crawl
In a Barcelona Authentic Tapas Crawl, no participating tourists must come full. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself truly filled to the brim when this three-hour Barcelona food tour ends.
Thanks to your knowledgeable local tour guide, you get to know which tapas bars to visit at what tapas selections to try.
You also get to enjoy a more intimate experience as your small group is taken to spots not usually visited by many.
- Guide services
- Food and drinks
12. Barcelona Tapas and Wine Small-Group Walking Tour
You will not regret choosing the Barcelona Tapas and Wine Small-Group Walking Tour.
This Barcelona Spain food tour takes your small group to the El Born and Gothic neighborhoods, where you get to sample traditional tapas such as pulpo, patatas bravas, and pan con tomate.
Get to visit four tapas bars that are situated along medieval streets and pleasing buildings.
- Tapas and wine walking tour
- Local guide
- Cultural and historical walking tour in a small group
- More than 9 of the most typical tapas and products from Catalunya, with stops at 4 authentic restaurants
- 4 glasses or more of local wine
- All local taxes