A straightforward and delicious Paella recipe that you can prepare in less than an hour. This recipe is made with seafood, chicken, and vegetables.
Today I am going to share my friend Ana’s Paella recipe.
It is simple and delicious.
Ana is from the Basque Country, and she really likes Spanish gastronomy. She learned to cook from a young age by observing her grandmother and mother. Ana loves discovering different flavors and trying the dishes she cooks.
Tips to prepare a delicious Paella
- Cook everything over low heat with great care and love.
- Always add the onion first and when they are golden you add the pepper, not before, because the pepper releases water.
- Just add a pinch of salt because the broth is already quite salty.
Easy & Delicious Paella Recipe (less than 1 hour)
A very easy and delicious Paella recipe that you can prepare in less than an hour. This recipe is made with seafood, chicken, and vegetables.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small garlic or 1 large garlic
- 4 ripe tomatoes (about 150 grams)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 200gr rice
- 1-liter of broth for paella
- 0.3 kg chicken (you can also use for example pork)
- 150 gr of squid
- 100 gr of clams
- 50 gr of prawns
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gr of piquillo peppers in strips
- Cut an onion, a carrot, green pepper, and two small gloves of garlic in small pieces.
- Sauté the garlic in the extra virgin olive oil until they are golden brown and the olive oil has the flavor of garlic.
- Take out the garlic and set aside for later.
- Add the chicken with salt to the pan.
- After a few minutes turn them over.
- When the chicken is a little brown on both sides add the onion.
- When the onions are brown, add green pepper and a carrot (cut into small pieces).
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes and cut them into very small pieces. Add the tomatoes together with the garlic from the beginning. Mix everything.
- Mix the vegetables with the chicken and pinch a little salt (not much because the broth also has salt).
- Cut the squid and add it to the pan.
- Clean the clams and leave them ten minutes in cold water.
- Add 200 grams of rice.
- Add a liter of vegetable broth or paella broth.
- Leave the rice for 20 minutes on medium heat. Do not move the paella pan so that it gets a nice crust on the bottom.
- About ten minutes later, add the prawns and clams.
- Add a little saffron.
- Reduce heat and cook until rice is done (about 15 minutes).
- Once ready, decorate with the piquillo peppers in strips.
- Cover the pan with a tea towel/kitchen towel for about three minutes until it absorbs the broth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 38g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.