This article may be sponsored or include a provided product or affiliate link. See the footer and Affiliate Disclaimer for full details.
A very easy and delicious Paella recipe that you can prepare in less than an hour. This recipe is made with seafood, chicken, and vegetables.
Today I am going to share my friend Ana’s Paella recipe.
It is simple and very tasty.
Ana is from the Basque country and she really likes Spanish gastronomy. She learned to cook from a young age by observing her grandmother and mother. Ana loves discovering different flavors and trying the dishes she cooks.
Tips to prepare a delicious Paella
- Cook everything over low heat with great care and love.
- Always add the onion first and when they are golden you add the pepper, not before, because the pepper releases water.
- Just add a pinch of salt because the broth is already quite salty.
Easy & Delicious Paella Recipe (less than 1 hour)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small garlic or 1 large garlic
- 4 ripe tomatoes (about 150 grams)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 200gr rice
- 1-liter of broth for paella
- 0.3 kg chicken (you can also use for example pork)
- 150 gr of squid
- 100 gr of clams
- 50 gr of prawns
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gr of piquillo peppers in strips
- Cut an onion, a carrot, green pepper, and two small gloves of garlic in small pieces.
- Sauté the garlic in the extra virgin olive oil until they are golden brown and the olive oil has the flavor of garlic.
- Take out the garlic and set aside for later.
- Add the chicken with salt to the pan.
- After a few minutes turn them over.
- When the chicken is a little brown on both sides add the onion.
- When the onions are brown, add green pepper and a carrot (cut into small pieces).
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes and cut them into very small pieces. Add the tomatoes together with the garlic from the beginning. Mix everything.
- Mix the vegetables with the chicken and pinch a little salt (not much because the broth also has salt).
- Cut the squid and add it to the pan.
- Clean the clams and leave them ten minutes in cold water.
- Add 200 grams of rice.
- Add a liter of vegetable broth or paella broth.
- Leave the rice for 20 minutes on medium heat. Do not move the paella pan so that it gets a nice crust on the bottom.
- About ten minutes later, add the prawns and clams.
- Add a little saffron.
- Reduce heat and cook until rice is done (about 15 minutes).
- Once ready, decorate with the piquillo peppers in strips.
- Cover the pan with a tea towel/kitchen towel for about three minutes until it absorbs the broth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 38g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.