This article may be sponsored or include a provided product or affiliate link. See the footer and Affiliate Disclaimer for full details.
Garbanzos con Espinacas (English: Spinach and Chickpeas) are a typical Andalusian Tapas dish. With this easy recipe, you can prepare this delicious Spanish dish in around 40 minutes.
Garbanzos con Espinacas are a typical Andalusian Tapas dish.
The main ingredients, spinach and chickpeas; however, originally come from the Middle East and were introduced to the Mediterranean cuisine.
Garbanzos or chickpeas are now the main ingredient in many traditional Spanish meals.
You can serve this Spinach and Chickpeas dish either as tapas or as a light meal or side dish.
If you want you can also combine it very well just with baguette and olive oil.
Garbanzos con Espinacas Recipe (Spinach and Chickpeas)
Check out my easy and delicious Garbanzos con Espinacas Recipe and prepare your home-made Andalusian tapas dish.
- 1 jar (500gram or 18 ounces) of garbanzos (chickpeas)
- Around 300 grams or 10 ounces of fresh, washed spinach
- 3 slices of day-old bread
- ¼ cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sherry vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 15 unsalted almonds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Heat up around 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and add the washed spinach.
- Sauté the spinach until it is just wilted and remove it from the heat.
- Heat up another 3 tablespoons of extra olive oil. Remove the crust from the bread and add it to the pan, together with the raw almonds. Fry until the bread and the almonds are crispy.
- Cut the garlic and add it to the pan as well as one teaspoon of ground cumin, cayenne, and black pepper. Sauté until the garlic turns brown.
- Transfer the ingredients to a blender and add two tablespoons of Sherry vinegar.
- Blend everything until you have a thick paste.
- Add the paste together with one jar of garbanzos and 1/4 cup of tomato sauce to the pan.
- Stir carefully until the garbanzos are covered with the paste and tomato sauce.
- Add the spinach to the pan, season with sea salt and pepper, and stir until everything is well mixed.
- Enjoy your home-made Garbanzos con Espinacas (Spinach and Chickpeas)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6349Total Fat: 552gSaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 483gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 235gFiber: 118gSugar: 53gProtein: 224g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.