Learn how to prepare mouth-watering Spanish Garlic Shrimps (Gambas al Ajillo) with Butter & Sherry to impress your guests with delicious Spanish Tapas.
Gambas al Ajillo or Spanish Garlic Shrimps is one of the most popular tapas dish in Spain.
So, it is not surprising that there are many different recipes.
Some of them use, for example red pepper and parsley, others add some lemon zest, squeeze in lemon juice or add other seafood like squids or calamari.
Today I will share a Gambas al Ajillo Recipe recipe with you that uses butter and dry sherry.
- 1 pound or 1/2 kg small, raw shrimps
- Minced garlic (around 6 cloves)
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 - 8 Cayenne Peppers
- 1 tablespoon of dry Sherry (fino or manzanilla) or alternatively White Wine
- Remove the shell of the shrimps and mince the garlic (around 6 cloves).
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan and add the minced garlic & the cayenne peppers.
- Add the shrimps when the garlic starts to sizzle.
- Add one tablespoon of dry sherry and sea salt when the shrimps are almost done.
- Cook until the shrimps are cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and divide the shrimps in (4) small bowls.
- Add a bit of butter to each bowl and stir slightly.
- Enjoy your home-made Gambas al Ajillo (Tip: Serve with toasted bread and a glass of white wine)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.