Champiñones al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Mushrooms) is a delicious and easy to prepare Spanish vegetarian Tapas dish.
Your first have to clean and cut the mushrooms lengthwise.
Afterward, heat extra virgin olive oil and add minced garlic and cayenne peppers.
Once the garlic starts to golden, add the mushrooms, together with 1/4 cup of white wine and a pinch of salt.
The total preparation time of this Spanish Tapas Food is around 20 minutes.
Check out my detailed recipe below and let me know in the comments how you liked your tapas.
Champiñones al Ajillo Recipe
- 250 grams or 0.6 pounds of mushrooms
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Clean the mushrooms, dry them, and slice them from the top to the bottom.
- Heat up the extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add the minced garlic and cayenne peppers.
- Once the garlic starts to brown add the mushrooms, 1/4 cup of white wine, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the white wine is reduced and absorbed by the mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat and leave the pan for another five minutes on the heat.
- Serve your Spanish Garlic Mushrooms in a small bowl and add some parsley and a pinch of sea salt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.