This article may be sponsored or include a provided product or affiliate link. See the footer and Affiliate Disclaimer for full details.
Pan con Tomate, jamón y aceite, or toasted bread with tomato, olive oil, and ham is another popular, Spanish breakfast item.
All you have to do is cut the tomatoes in half and grate them into a bowl. Discard the stem and skins.
Add around one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and stir everything.
Take a clove of raw garlic and rub it on the toasted bread. Afterward, spoon the tomato mixture onto the bread.
I like to top it with Spanish Serrano ham, but you can also use for example Avocado or cheese.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Toasted bread
- Optional serrano ham
- Cut the tomatoes in half and grate them into a bowl. Discard the stem and skins.
- Add around one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and stir everything.
- Take a clove of raw garlic and rub it on the toasted bread.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto the bread.
- Optional: Top for example with Spanish Serrano ham, cheese, or Avocado.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.