Your Patatas Bravas Spanish tapas Food is not complete without the spicy sauce!
Just like the potatoes, also the sauce is super easy to prepare.
How to prepare Patatas Bravas Sauce?
To prepare your Patatas Bravas sauce, heat up extra virgin olive oil and add pimentón dulce and pimentón Picante.
It is important that you add more pimentón Picante than dulce.
It’s a spicy sauce in the end, right!
Afterward, add chicken broth and flour until you have the right consistency. Not too thin, but also not too thick.
Once done, drizzle your homemade spicy sauce over your Patatas Bravas and enjoy your Spanish Tapas!
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet smoked paprika (pimentón dulce)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot smoked paprika (pimentón Picante)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour
- Heat up 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil in a small pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pimentón dulce and one to two tablespoons of pimentón Picante (I recommend adding more pimentón Picante then pimentón dulce. In the end you want to prepare a spicy sauce, right). Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add one tablespoon of flour and stir again until everything is combined.
- Add one cup of chicken broth gradually while stirring constantly.
The sauce should be not too thick and not too thin. You may have to add some more flour if the sauce is too thin.
- Once you have the right consistency, reduce the heat and simmer for three to five minutes. Stir occasionally and season with sea salt.
- Drizzle your home-made Spanish spicy sauce over your Patatas Bravas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.