Spain is famous for its chorizos, so it is no wonder that there are many different recipes on how to prepare chorizo. Today I am sharing a Chorizo al Vino Tinto (Chorizo in Red Wine Sauce) recipe.
Chorizo al Vino Tinto (English: Chorizo in Red Wine Sauce) is a popular and easy to prepare Spanish Tapas Food.
You basically have to cut the chorizos into small pieces and fry them in extra virgin olive oil.
Then, add a cup of red wine, garlic, and bay leaves. Boil everything and let it simmer at a reduced heat for around 15 to 20 minutes until you have a thick sauce.
That’s it! Your homemade Chorizo al Vino Tinto is ready!
Personally, I like to serve it with bread and red wine.
Check out my detailed recipe below and let me know in the comments how you liked your tapas.
Chorizo al Vino Tinto Recipe
- 500 grams or 1.1 pounds of uncooked chorizo
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of red Wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Cut the chorizo in 1 cm or 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat up the extra virgin olive oil in a pan and fry the chorizo pieces around two minutes on each side.
- Add one cup of red wine, one or two minced cloves of garlic, and three bay leaves. Bring everything to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until you have a thick sauce.
- Serve your chorizo al vino tinto in a small bowl and add fresh parsley. Tip: Enjoy your tapas with a glass of red wine and bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 652Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 1547mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 30g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate.